Langtang Valley is rebuilding! Enjoy breathtaking views, relaxing hikes, rewarding work, a unique culture and generous hospitality. Through selfless service to others, we can spread the seed of compassion and cooperation.
FIRE, in coordination with Tenjin Eco Treks, is hosting a volunteer trip in Langtang Valley April 2017 led by professional Langtang and American guides. There are three different travel options. All of the trips have seven nights in Langtang and 4 nights in Kathmandu. You can view a detailed itinerary here.
Trek/Trek: April 14th-30th – $1950
Trek from Sherbubensi to Langtang and back to Sherbubensi;
Fly from Kathmandu to Langtang and back to Kathmandu by helicopter;
Fly/Trek: April 17th-30th – $2100
Fly with the group from Kathmandu and join the trekkers on their return to Sherbubensi.
- Help care for the ‘orphaned’ elders of Langtang Valley with wood collection, washing, cooking, etc.
- Digging trenches to prepare for a system of tanks and taps that will bring water to the village of Langtang
- Digging through the debris of the landslide collecting items for the FIRE’s Heritage Museum FIRE will begin building in 2018
- Building a year-round greenhouse in Langtang
- Collecting trash in Kyanjin Gompa
For more information about FIRE’s work in Langtang, please review our Langtang Program page.
Tenjin Eco Treks
Tenjin Eco Trek is an eco-friendly tour company based in Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal. The company was founded by experienced guides from Langtang to develop and share their homeland and the mountain region with the world. Tenjin Eco Trek believes that tourism today should be eco-friendly to help protect our environment from global warming. They strive to bring positive changes to tourism in Nepal. 5% of their profit are donated for the education of impoverished children residing in the Himalayan region of the country.
Zoe Scanlon – American guide
Zoë Scanlon is a professional American guide working with FIRE as the volunteer coordinator. She has been in the outdoor industry as an instructor and guide for the last decade. After her trip to Langtang in November 2016 with FIRE she saw the need the people of Langtang have and wanted to return with more help. Taking a pause from her current job as a Mountain Biking guide she is very excited to make this trip a success.
- A $400 non-refundable deposit is due by March 1.
- Full Payment is due March 20.
- If you cancel your trip after paying the deposit, you will be provided with a tax deductible receipt.
- Prices include all in-country expenses including meals, lodging, permits, Nepal and American guides, porters and transportation. It also includes emergency evacuation insurance through Travelers Emergency Network.
- These prices do not include flights to and from Nepal, room upgrades, alcohol, extended stays or tips for guides.
Please contact email@example.com or call 928-779-2288 for more information.